3390 University Avenue , 5th Floor Riverside, CA 92501 US
- Maintain and build knowledge of DEI-related issues, legislation and best practices.
- Understand the Firm mission as a trusted advisor to public and private clients across geographic and subject-matter footprints.
- Leverage community connections to prioritize those most pertinent to Firm DEI strategies and initiatives.
- Research, develop, recommend and assist in executing creative strategies to advance Firm DEI goals.
- Review current practices, policies and programs, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they advance Firm DEI goals.
- Develop and create new internal DEI programs, including programs that qualify for MCLE and advance the professional development of DEI champions, including future Firm leaders.
- Create new DEI events, including external events that may involve Firm clients and leverage employee business resource groups to promote inclusion and innovation.
- Administer existing programs developed through and in conjunction with the Executive Committee, Firm management, ad-hoc committees and affinity groups.
- Provide input to Firm leadership on how to integrate DEI into strategic business initiatives and organizational decisions.
- Coordinate with HR and the Chief Talent Officer to integrate DEI principles into hiring, performance management and retention practices.
- Evaluate DEI initiatives as requested by the Chief Talent Officer to identify potential metrics, measure progress, and suggest improvements.
- Collect and analyze statistical data as requested by the Chief Talent Officer.
- Act as Firm liaison to the DEI Committee.
- Manage and prepare DEI budget in consultation with the DEI Committee Co-Chairs for approval by the Executive Committee and act as Firm liaison to the DEI Committee.
- Attend DEI committee events and activities.
- Procure training and development to support DEI initiatives.
- Maintain DEI content for intranet page and recommend DEI content for the external website to the marketing department.
- Act as company liaison with government agencies, law schools and clients concerning affirmative action and equal employment opportunities and at meetings and events.
Position is remote, CA preferred, with occasional in-office presence needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Meeting facilitation and virtual platform delivery expertise.
- Program design and development expertise.
- Understanding of federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws and regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills, time-management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Five years of Human Resources or related experience required, with three years specializing in diversity, equity and inclusion leadership preferred.